On course to achieve your ambitions
Exactly which subjects and courses you study at Havant Sixth Form College will depend on your results and most importantly, your interests, aims and ambitions. We’ll discuss your options at your interview, but here are a few things you might want to think about beforehand:
- The subjects you’re considering – do you enjoy and do well in them?
- The course content – does it interest and motivate you?
- The assessment method – are you happier doing coursework or exams?
- The future – will these subjects open up the right university and career choices for you?
Follow your own programme
We’ve divided our courses into five different programmes - each has its own entry requirements and leads to a slightly different destination. Once you’ve decided which programme will take you where you want to go, you can start looking up specific courses and putting together your individual study programme.
A Level programmeFour subjects studied each year. Many programmes consist of four AS Levels in your first year and three A2 Levels and one AS Level or an Extended Project in your second year.
- Entry requirements: Five GCSEs at grade A* to C including English Language and Mathematics. Some A Levels have specific requirements.
- Level: 3
- Progression: Degree, HND, NVQ4 or employment.
Extended Project QualificationIf you want to bridge the gap between A Level and undergraduate study, the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) is for you.
- Entry requirements: The Extended Project Qualification is available for all second year students and is designed to sit alongside three other subjects.
- Level: 3
BTEC Diploma programme
- Entry requirements: Four to five GCSEs at grade A* to C, including English Language and Mathematics or A Level 2 BTEC Diploma including English Language and Mathematics GCSEs at grade A* to C.
- Level: 3
- Progression: Degree, HND, Higher Apprenticeship or employment.
Pre A Level programme
- Entry requirements: Two GCSEs at grade D or above.
- Level: 2
- Progression: Immediate Apprenticeship, BTEC Diploma, AS/A2 Level programme or employment.
Pre-Degree Foundation in Art & Design programme
- Entry requirements: Two A Levels (one in an art based A Level) or a BTEC Diploma in Art & Design.
- Level: 3/4
- Progression: Degree, HND or employment.